1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to know how to let things through zonealarm

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Lori 1, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I got the DSL set back up through SCB. And my D-Link router box reconfigured. But when we were setting it back up, they shut off the firewall. Ok, I reinstalled ZoneAlarm again. My question is this. ZoneAlarm is blocking incoming things from SBC, DSL and D-Link router box. Should I try to set, ZoneAlarm to where, it lets SCB and D-Link things, through? And if so how do I do this? I sure hope someone has an idea on this. I don't know how important it is to let these things though, or not. I'm wandering if its a must,on letting these things through. I hope I didn't confuse anyone,lol.
    Lori

2. mobo

mobo

Set it to prompt when access is attempted then give approval to those programs...

3. BillC

BillC

Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused {which is not all that unusal}. I asume you are able to use your computer as normal, right? Is your question about ZA's blocking of the incoming alerts from your router? How many machines use the router?

4. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

First of all, all ZA tells me is that it blocked it, and the only option is Ok. Second yes my computer seems to be running fine, And Yes ZA is blocking incoming alerts , from my router and my DSL connection. Three computers are hooked up but only two are in use most of the time.

5. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Im sorry I forgot to post back to this post, I had to end up getting rid of ZA, then called the router box people and they configured the router box for me. But this time they left firewall unchecked, so I had to reinstall ZoneAlarm. So everything on that part is ok, but I do have a couple other post,out there on, errors on start up. Thank you all. Oh and Bill I have 3 computers running on the router box.Thanks again everyone.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Since all traffic is coming through the Router, all computers on your network will be on the same subnet mask and all IP addresses will have similar scheme of numbers. You should be able to click the "Firewall" link within ZoneAlarm and then go into the tab labeled "Zones" or something like that. This is the place you can add the IP address of the router or even enter the range of IP addresses of computers on your network to be added to your "Trusted Zone." Other than that, ZoneAlarm should detect any programs trying to access the internet and prompt you whether or not to allow access.

Rollin

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice