Need to know if the recipient opened an email I sent...Program to do that? PLEASE!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeAgain------

I have a number of emails that I need to send that are "time sensitive" and important as to whether/IF they were received and opened..

I NEED to know if the person that I send it to has opened it...and WHEN!
(this is important personal business....not group mailing or any nonsence like that)

I know there used to be programs that would do that in a way the person didn't know until it was opened that I had been notified.

PLEASE tell me of Any and All you know of that are available...Please!
I need to find and Use the program(s)...ASAP!

Thank You,
jA

You can request a "read reciept" on the email, but most people will just deny that.
If you have a webhost, you could upload an image, include the image in the email, and track what time that image was accessed (eg, when the email was viewed), but that is still likely to fail as most people disable HTML email.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you really need to know if a message was received by the recipient, try Certified US Mail, then you'll be sure. Email is neither reliable or legal notification of anything.

joeAgain------

Right, brendandonhu
THIS person is very likely to reject(not open) it, IF he knows a "receipt" that he opened it is going to come back to me.

Thanks, JohnWill
Although this is not by nature a true "legal matter", the fact that I could show someone that he got and opened the email would make an impact that would help get that truth out to parties that are involved.

Ther MUST be some programs like that still... even though they will want me to buy it now, no doubt.
It could be worth it in this case!

If this person is going to avoid detection, johnwill is definitely right. It won't work.

"Those programs" do exactly what I described...put a link or image in the email, and track when its accessed.

joeAgain------

So, please explain to me again why that won't work and verify(at least to me)that he got and opened it?

Most people have HTML mail turned off, so the image would not be displayed. This is especially true if he's trying to avoid you, he's probably not going to load an image you send to him.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Yep, we talked about this very thing last week on the forums. If a person has html turned off or is using text based email, you will not be able to tell if they read the email or not. He was testing some piece of software that does this, but I can't remember the name of it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online