1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to offer Remote Assistance to Remote User

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hotrodder39, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotrodder39

hotrodder39 Thread Starter

Hellow all, I am working in the IT Department at work. There are times when remote users need some help, Remote Assistance works good, but some of our less "savy" users have trouble with the Help and Support/Invite a Friend/Send Email way of getting help. I have search all over, trying to find a way to "Offer" the help without them going through the Help and Support way. Am I missing something or what? We are all running XP Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks....:rolleyes:

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

they can install logmein

https://secure.logmein.com/

free and requires little or no action on the other persons part. all he needs to ruen the pc on and give you the passowrd, you make a free logmein account and have that person install the software with that username and pass then after your done helping the person, you can have then uninstall the software.

i use it a lot for providing remote help as it is a very secure program and uses very little reasources and can be controlled form a web browser

3. techman5000

techman5000

Definitely seconding the reccomendation for logmein, specifically their product called Rescue. When you need to assist someone, it creates a URL you can email to them. They click on it and you're connected. It's really simple and effective. The program is web-based and has a ton of great features. Can't reccomend it highly enough.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

How are they accessing the network remotely. Are they within your WAN or are they coming in thru a VPN. If that is the case I would setup a VNC application. I particularily like using UltraVNC. They also have a nice application called UltraVNC single click. You basically create an executable for them to launch and it makes a reverse connection back to your computer. I do that for my family and friends so that they don't have to setup anything on their routers.

You could also look into using this.
    http://www.skyfexfree.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!