Need to prove to college I was logged in and uploading. Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jrdued

Okay, here's the deal. My wife had two assignments due by midnight, last Sunday, in her college class. These assignments had to be uploaded and turned in online. She logged in to her class and started uploading her assignments around 1130 pm. The total size of the files was 6 MB. We tether my iphone to my laptop for our internet connection. We had decent service, but it did not upload her files by midnight. At midnight we logged off of the class and just emailed the files to the teacher which only took about 10 minutes.

Now the teacher wants to drop my wife from her class for not turning the assignments in by midnight. The teacher contacted the college's IT department and they told her that we were not even logged on. How can I prove that we were logged on and attempted to upload the assignments? Please help, if I can't prove this by tomorrow she will probably be dropped! We have Windows 7, use Firefox, and online course in on
Blackboard.com. We have not deleted any history, cookies, cache, etc. Thanks

You should have found a faster way to upload her homework like from a public wireless connection. The college should however have some server logs that will show whether files were being uploaded at a certain time. Contact their IT department.

jrdued

It would be great to have faster internet. We just moved back to Arkansas and this is actually our only option right now. I know that we could have turned it in earlier and we wouldn't have this problem.

Are there any logs or files stored on my own computer that can prove what time I logged on and tried to upload these files?

cwwozniak

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Chuck
If Blackboard.com was hosting the server to which she was uploading, then the teacher or the school's ITdepartment would need to check with Blackboard about any available logs.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Of course, some information has also been stored on your computer, like Browsing & Download History, Form & Search Bar History, Cookies, Cache, and Active Logins.

I am really unsure why the professor would be such a PIA unless he has a reason to be. If he has the assignment via email I don;t know what the issue would be aside from going outside of normal procedure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online