1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need to reach next door

Discussion in 'Networking' started by san08, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. san08

san08 Thread Starter

I don't know the name of what I need, I have internet in my home, how can I get it to work in my trailer next door. he's old but likes to play slots, and I like to show him things too, as kids pics, so on, what would be a brand and where to put it, I'm 72 don't know much about it put it inside or out so glad I found this site thank you for any help you can give me san ...

2. CameronBriggs

CameronBriggs

Hey, if your internet is wireless you are able to connect with anything in your shed that uses internet, if it is not wireless (which it usually is) you will have to go to your local electronics store and ask to buy a LAN/ethernet cable.
    Very happy to help you, hope it all works out!

3. san08

san08 Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

CameronBriggs likes this.
  4. CameronBriggs

CameronBriggs

No problem

5. san08

san08 Thread Starter

boy your fast tytyty very much, a friend said i need to buy a this router what do you thing, as for
    a cable , what do i do with cable ,buy a real long one,,,,,,,,,, sorry , now you see why im looking for help! lol its a sidding house to a old tralier
    [​IMG], if i buy cable, get one to reach, then plug it into what, i wouldn't even try to buy its a long day every day, give him something to do, , for he knows nothing at all about the net, and i know some, i couldn't live without it again ty for your help san
    Product details
    TP-Link AC1900 Smart Wireless Router - High Speed, Long Range, Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Internet Routers for Home, Beamforming, Ideal for Gaming(Archer C9)

6. CameronBriggs

CameronBriggs

sorry i thought it was right next door, my bad. It doesn't really matter what router you get as long as it was a wireless connectivity in your case. Also depending on where you live you may be limited to what internet you get.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice