1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to recover data from HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nasirchow, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nasirchow

nasirchow Thread Starter

Hi
    Plz can u guys help me out to recover the data from my external HDD. I hv got a 100GB HDD, 2 partion, sony vio, HDD manufecture by hitachi. When i try to open it its comes with "drive is not accessible, The file or directory corrupted or unreadable". tried to get the data from usb 2 IDE combo adapter, stil same message. Plz help is there any way i can retrive the data??? plz..

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. panicrooster

panicrooster Banned

I've had that problem before with an external drive and it wouldn't read on a different pc. Not sure but possibly something to do with algorithms I read some place. ANyways, I reconnected the external back to the original pc that had formatted and loaded the data and copied everything on it to a different internal HD and then just moved that internal from the 1st to the 2nd and worked fine. Another time it happened with a few app's i needed and didn't want to waste very much time, I simply connected the external to the pc that originally loaded the data and then used torrents to transfer between the two pc's and were read fine by the 2nd pc. So the 1st way isn't far from data recovery but without the recovery software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/747164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice