Need to recover Gmail account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Quinnreapers

My brother lost his only gmail account on his old phone. That phone is broken and unable to be used. We tried forever to recover it but we do not have his password or any back up accounts for his email. And the recover number is a number no one recognizes. Is there any possible way for us to get it back? He apparently has important information on it and we can't seem to log in any other way besides a password or number

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If your brother knows the account name and password of his Gmail (Google Mail) account, he should be able to log into and access his account from any other device (phone, computer, etc.) that has that has internet capability.

Quinnreapers

If your brother knows the account name and password of his Gmail (Google Mail) account, he should be able to log into and access his account from any other device (phone, computer, etc.) that has that has internet capability.
Sadly he's not very bright and saved everything onto the broken device, he doesn't know his password and we have tried logging on other devices, but his old device wasn't active and tried even swapping Sim cards. We got no responses.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If he does not know his log-in password, how was he able to access his Gmail account before his phone broke?
Every time I want to use my Gmail account, I need to log in with my password.
I assume he would have to do the same.

-------------------------------------------------

Swap the SIM card into a working phone. Then try to recover the email account on a PC. When Google phones you to check your sign in, at least you can read the 6 digit number and key it into the PC.

plodr

Liz
the recover number is a number no one recognizes.
If that's the case, it sounds like his gmail has been hacked with no chance of recovery.

he doesn't know his password
Not knowing that means he will not be able to recover his account.

For the future, not only have a recovery phone number but also a different recovery email account.

Also when setting up a new Gmail account, be sure to set up 2nd Factor Authentication. And install Google Authenticator on your smart phone. Gmail will provide a Qcode for you to snap a photo of with Authenticator. And thereafter, every time you sign in, you will need to provide a code number given by Authenticator to complete the sign in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online