1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to recover videos on a hard disk DVR

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eatong, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eatong

eatong Thread Starter

I had recorded about 20 little league games on a Toshiba DVR when a water sprinkler head broke and drenched the recorder. After drying the DVR recorder I tryed to access the video's on the hard drive but it says "disc empty" and shows none of the videos. Is there anyway to recover the videos that were on the hard drive of the recorder. I need help!!!

2. valdezdj

valdezdj

If I were you, I would try taking out the hard drive and then slave it to another computer and see if the files show up on the slaved hard drive and then try to transfer them to the computer. If they don't show up or the hard drive is blank, then the data is probably lost.

Good Luck!

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're not likely to have any luck viewing the drive as a data drive on a computer. The contents are almost certainly encrypted.

Given that the drive was physically damaged, any data would need to be professionally recovered at a significant cost. That said, I don't even know if professional recovery is possible if the data is encrypted by the DVR provider.

4. Ntichrist

Ntichrist

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/851169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice