Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need to remove VRAM tool

10K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
I wanted to increase my ram so that I could run games on my pc smoothly. I went to BIOS to change the ram but it didn't have any such option for some reason. I finally decided to download an app called PHDGD Virtual Vram tool and it told me to allow it to make changes in Windows ( C: ) so I allowed it and the ram seemed to allocate more memory to the game. It didn't show the memory increase for games but my game started to run faster. After a while, my pc started to get slow and applications like file explorer or word randomly started to not respond. I need to find a way to remove this application as well as put to ram back to original. If there is a way to fix this, please help a brother out :(.

#3 ·
I'm running windows 8 (not 8.1), processor is AMD A8 5500 APU, AMD radeon HD graphics, 12 GB ram, 64-bit operating system and 1 TB of hard drive space. The allocating hard drive space as virtual memory you mentioned makes sense but I don't just want to remove the program. I want to move the hard drive memory back. If you're trying to say removing the program will move the memory back then I'll try that. Thanks for the reply btw.

#4 ·
Yes, if you remove the program then it will release the reserved space for VRAM. To be honest, I don't think you need something like this when you have 12GB of RAM onboard unless the system requirements of a game specify more as a minimum requirement. At this juncture, I can't think of any offhand.

#6 ·
I'm running windows 8 (not 8.1), processor is AMD A8 5500 APU, AMD radeon HD graphics, 12 GB ram, 64-bit operating system
These are the specs for your AMD processor and its integrated AMD graphic device:

Font Rectangle Pattern Number Circle

---------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to what Rob asked you in post #5, also advise us the following:

Brand name and complete model number of the motherboard

Brand name and complete model number and wattage of the power supply unit

#9 ·
These are the specs for your AMD processor and its integrated AMD graphic device:

View attachment 258009

In addition to what Rob asked you in post #5, also advise us the following:

Brand name and complete model number of the motherboard

Brand name and complete model number and wattage of the power supply unit

Motherboard: MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)
Power Supply: Inernal ATX 300W (100V-240V)
By the way, is the average CPU and G3D mark out of a thousand or something? :)

#10 ·
Motherboard: MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)
Power Supply: Inernal ATX 300W (100V-240V)
You appear to have a HP/Compaq brand desktop which has a generic 300W power supply.
Its motherboard appears to have a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot for adding a graphic card.

What is the model name and model number of your HP/Compaq?
What is the exact serial number and product number on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.