Need to remove Windows Media Player 9 from 98SE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

poundkatt

After installing Windows Media Player 9 on a computer with 98SE OS I discovered I could not play all my music, so I removed it I thought. I then installed WMP 7, which I have on another computer & does good.
WMP 7 now has all the traits that I don't like in WMP 9, & I can't seem to get rid of them, no matter haw many times I unistall & reinstall WMP 7, in addition I have now lost visualizations in WMP 7. I suspect a registry problem, but don't know how to fix it.
HELP!!! THANKS!!! PoundKatt

Read this detailed FAQ for Win Media Player :

http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#assoc

Did you try going through My Comp > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs ? Do this and select WMP9 in the list and there should be an option appear to 'rollback' to the original WMP (6.4.) Once done try reinstalling a later version.

Try going into WMP9 under options\formats and unchecking everything. Then go into WMP7.1 and check everything under formats. Also go to MS and download all the codecs. I went back to 6.4 and have no problems playing almost anything.

is it really worth all the trouble of formatting just to get rid of wmp9? is it really so bad? I have no problem with it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online