1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to replace RAM?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vivaitalia088, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivaitalia088

vivaitalia088 Thread Starter

I recently built a co-worker a computer with parts from Tiger Direct. I had everything up and running and made sure the BIOS was updated and dropped it off to her. She calls me up saying that It keeps BSOD'ing. I take it back to try and figure it out. I thought at first it may be printer drivers she installed or her antivirus. I was not able to save that version of windows because it was stuck in the windows startup recovery loop and could not fix the problem. I installed a fresh copy of Vista Home Premium 32 bit to another HDD to make sure the HDD was good. (I know, who uses vista right...the disk was sitting on my desk and was convenient haha). I waited for about 3 hours and nothing until it randomly Blue Screened once. I've ran memtest86 and it found no errors. Here's what I got:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: c000021a
    BCP1: 98F3D4C8
    BCP2: C0000001
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance

2. PC509

PC509

You can boot from the Vista DVD and run the Memory Test to see if it has any memory errors. From there you can decide if you need to replace the RAM. You could also reseat the RAM (take it out, put it back in making sure it is in good).

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to post the exact system specs; ie make and model of mb, brand and speed of ram, brand and wattage of pw supply, what video card is installed, etc, etc. Post links to the parts you used for the build.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice