1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to Reset My Wireless Key with NO CD

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bnipps, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bnipps

bnipps Thread Starter

Ok, so my home network is all set up, after paying Geek(RIPOFF)Squad to come do it right, and The Laptop with the wireless key .txt was wiped clean and restored before I could get the key. Now to get that Laptop back on to the Wireless Network I need to reset my router(Linksys Wireless-G) and I dont have the disk that came with it. Is there an easy way to reset my network key for them all?

2. vdub1.8t

vdub1.8t

Do you know the password to access the routers configuration? If they changed it you would probably would know. In the web browser type 192.168.1.1

Try admin as a user name with a blank password
    Try admin as a user name with admin as password
    Try administrator as a user name with a blank password
    Try administrator as a user name with administrator as password

If the default credentials were never changed it will probably be one of the combos above

Once in the router you can look to see what the key is.

If non of the above works you can reset the router to how it was from the factory by holding the reset button in the back down for 10secs. Keep in mind this will totally remove ALL previous settings RIPOFF Squad configured

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you post the exact model - we should be able to find the default login details from the user manual

you dont need a CD to set up a router - so dont worry about not having the CD

4. CoolHandJoe

CoolHandJoe

You don't have to reset your router because if you login to the router you can see the key and copy it down. To access the wireless area use the instructions from your user manual which you can download here --> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...roductDownloadSearch&sp_prodsku=1149562300349
    Chapter 6 explains how to access the router without the CD (username: leave it blank, password: admin) and a little later on explains where you would enter or retrieve the key. Note, because I don't know your model number I've provided the manual for the WRT54G but any of the manuals will be able to help you.

Joe

5. StuartM

StuartM

6. StuartM

StuartM

The default login information for Linksys routers depends on the model as shown below.

Default user names:

Linksys BEFW11S4, WRT54G: admin
    Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Ethernet routers: Administrator
    Linksys Comcast routers: comcast
    All other Linksys routers: [none]

Default passwords:

Linksys BEFW11S4: [none]
    Linksys Comcast routers: 1234
    All other Linksys routers: admin

7. bnipps

bnipps Thread Starter

its Linksys Wireless G Broadband Router with speedbooster Model # WRT54GS

8. CoolHandJoe

CoolHandJoe

9. bnipps

bnipps Thread Starter

Thanks guys, that was quick! Im all fixed up. What a great service. Thanks again!(y)

10. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice