1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to restore my computer using a disc created with Norton 360 backup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by judyangel65, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. judyangel65

judyangel65 Thread Starter

This is probably a simple fix, but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. My aunt had Norton 360 backup on her computer, when it expired, she deleted it. She did not back up with any other program thinking that she had the backup disc she made with Norton. Her computer crashed and burned, totally died. We still have the Norton 360 backup disc, but a newer computer and no Norton 360 software. All of her pictures and documents are hidden in these backup files, I'm sure. How do I retrieve them? :confused:
    Any help would be appreciated, my head hurts from trying to figure it out on my own.

Judy
    AngelStarr Technologies
    Floyd, VA

2. Michael York

Michael York

Hi judyange,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

The backed-up files from Norton 360 are encrypted for protection purposes. If your aunt used optical media (CD/DVD) to backup files using Norton 360 version 3 or 4, all she has to do is to insert the disc into your computer and then open the disc in Windows Explorer. Next, locate the file named "arestore.exe" and double-click on it . Follow the instructions to restore the files to your new computer.

If by chance she used the Online Backup feature, she can log in to your My Norton Account and then look for the link that says "Access your online backup files."

My Norton Account

Thank you,
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923610