Need to scan text for webpage...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puter hater

I accidently posted this thread in the wrong spot it should be in "Web Development'"

I need to scan newsletters for my son school. Then transfer the text to the school WebPages. The problem is word is not picking up the original context. it is twisting and messing up the text. Scan soft is not picking the text up properly either. Is there a program that can make this job easier.I do not want to do this by hand. The text is clear . Is there a way to stop jumbling up the text.
Attached is one of the letters I have to scan. Of course I see a clearer picture then you I tied to compress it down.

puter hater

Attachments

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Does your scanner software give you the option to scan to a PDF.

Any chance those newsletters are saved in digital format on someone's computer before they are printed?

sekirt

puter hater

Squashman said:
Does your scanner software give you the option to scan to a PDF.
Yes it does I tried that route. Off hand I can't think what happened becuase it didnt work out.
As of right some of the teachers havent been able to give it to me on floppy or disk or even e-mail. I am having to scan for right now. I down loaded more update OCR program(trial)
That has made a huge difference. I am trying different ones to fine one that is the most correct. But man, they are exspensive!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online