1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need to search multiple sheets and copy based on cell color

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dumbGRUNT03, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dumbGRUNT03

dumbGRUNT03 Thread Starter

So first of all let me thank everyone that had input on my last post....i certianly appreciate the help.
    so heres what i got going now. i have formatted the class rosters that will be used and i have a master data base of numbers that automatically updates each time a new class is added. and while some ppl think its great others are like well why cant it automatcally populate a list of everyone who failed, got dropped, or didnt show up. so thats what i need to do. i need some vba help on this one ( i actually got them to let me use macros now). i have the class rosters set up to where if a student does not show up then the row get highlited red and yellow if they get dropped, and i will need to add another color like blue for fail. anyways, the workbook is built like this: there is an annual training sheet ( total of all monthly numbers), then 12 monthly training sheets, and 52 weekly training sheets and then an unknown number of daily class rosters. looks something like this:

/ANNUAL//JAN 2011//3-7 JAN//CLASS 1//CLASS2//CLASS 3//CLASS 4//10-14 JAN//CLASS 1//CLASS2//CLASS 3//CLASS 4//17-21 JAN//CLASS 1//CLASS2//CLASS 3//CLASS 4//24-28 JAN//CLASS 1//CLASS2//CLASS 3//CLASS 4//FEB 2011/......ECT.

ok so what i need to do since the tabs that say "class 1, class 2" and so on will actually have their own unique name depending on the date, type of class and location it was taught. is to be able to have a vba macro (that i will use on each weekly tab and just change the first and last page names) that will search all sheets between the weekly training numbers and copy all the names of the people that did not show (which will be highlited in red) back to the weekly training tab for that week. and do the same for the drops and failures. like i said this doesnt have to be one macro to do it all just one to do one week and i will change it as i need to for each week.

i really appreciate any assistance you can give me

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    If it's a macro, you can test if .font.color = vbred then .... if .font.color = vbgreen ... etc.

If other then you would have to list the color value or colr index as a variable and test on that.

3. dumbGRUNT03

dumbGRUNT03 Thread Starter

im not quite sure what you mean im a complete novice with VBA all of the other stuff thats done in the workbook is done with formulas.

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    If you have a sample of the sheet you're qorking with I'll try and see if I can come up with the right solution for you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice