1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need to share my net with phone static ip,wifi router and lg p500

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gmg9, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

hi everyone..
    i hav tried this many times.. bt somehw i never get it done..

the picture:
    ------------------
    my local cable-wala provide me a static ip (lan ip) which i will connect to my lappy rj45 and then i will get to open a webpage to login and then i click on 'connect internet', a popup window will open and hav to remain open till i disconnect. so its a weblogin..

now i hav wifi router which has wan, lan and all those things.. access my router with 192.168.1.1.

i want to connec to my wifi router from my lg p500 ph, so dat i can connect to net.

the prob is with the static ip.. my iso given me..
    ip = 172.16.x.x
    subnet = 255.x.x.128
    gateway = 172.16.x.1
    dns = 172.16.x.1

ur connected devise must hav this ip otherwise it wont login. the isp weblogin page ip is 192.168.x.x

whereas my router lan ip is 192.168.1.1 and also in dhcp mode its provide 192.168.x.x ip .
    its very confusing and difficult to configure and connet.

what i first did..
    i gave the router wan address as provided by isp (172.16.x.x) and other like subnet,gateway etc.
    my router lan ip still 192.168.x.x. i also enabled NAT mode. disabled firewall.
    then i connect my phone to wouter through wifi and so my p get a ip 192.168.1.2. bt i cant open the isp weblogin page neither i can connect to net.

as i am very frustrated after so many tryings ..guys can u plz help me with this.
    many many thx in advance..

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You may need to set the router as a PPPoE or something so it will log you in. Check with your ISP provider on the correct settings for your router. When that is done, your phone and computer connected to the router should have service.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I've never heard of a router with features like that. Clearly you're going to have to connect to your service with a computer. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) may work.

4. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

pppoe is not available. i hav chked with dat isp. i only thing available is weblogin dat i mentioned.

5. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

i never said dat. i meant, in da computer web browser, nt in da router..

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    wat is ur router?

7. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

d-link wireless adsl+ router. model no. DSL-2640T.

8. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

i just ring my isp cc, they told me like this...
    1. configure ur router with the ip address we give to u. (dats mean wan ip will be 172.16.x.x)
    2. make sure router wifi is working
    3. connect ur pc with da router using wifi. the pc should get a dynamic ip from router. (here 192.168.1.2)
    4. now open a browser, and connect to ur weblogin page and login to connect to the net.
    dats it. i didnt told them i was trying same thing on my lg p500 phone.

9. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry that I was not clear. I meant that with what you described I did not think that you would be able to use a router.

So, did that procedure in post # 8 work? Everything now has internet access through the router? Even if that works with a router, I don't see how it would work with your modem/router combo. Maybe I'm just totally not understanding your internet service. :(

11. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

i use internet dat uses LAN. dats mean a wire with rj45 from my isp directly comes to my lappy. yea, in between they obviously uses switches.

post no. 8 procedures does not work :(

12. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

still cant get it working. really frusted...am not the only one who is trying to do this. many r there. where r u prople. plz share ur success...thank u...

13. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    When you tire of trying to get it working with your modem/router, see post # 3. :) I don't much care for ICS when there is another way, but I really think that there is no other option for you.

14. gmg9

gmg9 Thread Starter

first of all, i really dont want keep my computer on just to share net connection with my phone. 2nd, i am on linux, kubuntu linux.. i knw by using ip forward and iptables i can share the internet, but that will be by wire. i need wifi sharing. ad-hoc strangly not working...

15. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I only sampled Kubuntu briefly and haven't tried ad-hoc wireless with Ubuntu, so can't help there. But if you do a web search for "Kubuntu ad-hoc wireless" you may find useful info, including this.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice