1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need to transfer files between pc and laptop-have router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by crappytheclo, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crappytheclo

crappytheclo Thread Starter

I just got a router today and its installed and i can go on the ent wirelessly with my laptop but i gigs and gigs werth of movies and family photos on my desktop pc that i need on my laptop but i dont know how to transfer them. I know that the router is needed because ive asked a few times on many forums about the best way to transfer files between laptop and pc and they all sed a router.

But i dont know how to do it! I need to know how to transfer existing files off my desktop to my laptop.

Also i have a printer and scanner hooked up to my desktop and my dad wants to have the photos that he scans go str8 to his laptop and the phtos he chooses on his laptop to print on the printer. How can it be done?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/496786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice