Need to up grade my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ankit

I currently have a Intel P4 Cpu 1.70ghz 256 RAM Radeon Fsc and 37.2 gb. I've used up about 11.4 gbz. I've been thinking about getting an upgrade, and i don't know really much about computers, so if someone can help me out with what to upgrade and what to leave i'd appreciate it. I just want more space on my computer and i want it to run faster than it's running now.

Thank you.

I also want to repeat the question asked by Deathblow.What's the main purpose of your computer?If it is just for word processing and surfing the net,you can upgrade your RAM to 256 MB(atleast!) and get more hard disk space to extract some more speed from your computer.But if your'e a gamer you should have to shell out some money in buying a Graphics card with atleast 128 MB memory.

The CPU speed looks fine, although I myself would consider upgrading to a 2.0 gHz processor. The main thing you'd want to do if you want more space and a faster computer is to upgrade the memory up to 512 mb of RAM, and get another hard drive (they sell an internal and external hard drive with the size of 60 to 80 Gb of hard drive space at Wal-Mart for about 60 to 80 bucks, depending on how much space you want. The brand is Seagate). Other than that, you look like you're good to go.

I agree with chatterjee with the fact that you'd also probably need to get a better graphics card, one with at least 128 mb of memory. And those aren't cheap.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts