1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need two remotes to watch TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Cosmos2011, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cosmos2011

Cosmos2011 Thread Starter

Hi:
    I need to use two different remotes in order to watch VIZIO TV.
    First, Vizio remote to power on the TV, then Comcast remote for signal.
    Vizio remote for volume/sound, Comcast remote for channel to choose

If I get in confusion, it takes awhile to get a right channel, even only blurry screen that makes me quite frustrating to say the least.

Just wonder whether there is a more easy way for me to watch the TV?:confused:

Thanks,

2. C141

C141

I just replaced the Vizio remote that came with my TV because it was only able to control the TV. The replacement remote, also a Vizio, controls my Samsung Blu-Ray player, Cable box [Don't use a box], & Audio [Don't use it either]. I was tired of constantly swapping the TV remote for the DVD remote. Anyway, Amazon.com had a pretty good selection of Vizio remotes to select from. Just had to locate the ones that were compatible with the model # of my TV.
    You might also consider having a look at the Harmony line of remotes by Logitech.

3. Rearden

Rearden Banned

The Comcast remote should allow you to change the volume of the TV. Have you tried pressing the TV button on the Comcast remote, and then adjusting the volume using the buttons on it? Did the Comcast technician who installed your box help you set up the remote? If not, they'll probably help you if you call them.

4. Tergelet

Tergelet

I've searched the internet for possible solution to your problem and here is what I found:1. Press TV
    2. Press Setup; 3. Wait until double blink; 4. Enter code; so far I've tried: 0178, 1758, 10178, 627, 502, 10864, 10885, 11756, and 11758

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice