1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need urgent help for my pc plzz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yasso74, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasso74

yasso74 Thread Starter

i realy need help from a professional person , i have a very strange problem , first my pc is PENTIUM 4, 1Gega RAM , VIDEO CARD XFX 6800 GT, 256ram....my problem is that i can play any game once i start my pc but when i enter on the net and logg off, any game that i play after about 1 minute becomes minimized in the task bar and when i press on it again the game continues but does the same thing after 1 minute also, i have loaded windows again and the same happens, tried to update the graphic driver the same happens , i even baught a new modem and still the same !!!!!!!! can anyone help coz i am realy ran out of ideas , thanx very much for your care P.S :i have got norton internet security and all new updates and microsoft antispywre... i also did disable them and the same happens ...any one with professional knowledge in pc can help ?? this only happens after disconnecting from the net ..i also dont play multiplayer games on the net ... i have tried stopping everything running in the background, including the antivirus and spyware and also its the same thing !!!! i have used spybot and ms antispyware and didnt find anything

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sound like something trying to access the net in the background. Maybe try a firewall like zone-alarm that will tell you what's trying to access the net.

Some games try to access the net, even though your not playing multiplayer. I noticed this with Civ3, Civ4, and BF2. I normally block their access when I'm not playing multiplayer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice