1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need urgent help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mastad, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mastad

Mastad Thread Starter

This problem is the most annoying, i've spent the last 2 days surfing the net to find a resolution but all i find is people with the same complaint as me. I have a geforce 5700LE graphics card..... first agp couldn't be enabled... i downloaded latest drivers and got agp enabled now when i go to play a game it comes up with the infamous blue screen of death(nv4-disp.dll), but when i revert to the old driver the game works but agp can't be enabled i need a resolve to this. i posted in this section because it has most viewers just need some help... thx i need the game working with agp for smooth gameplay.... thx again.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

This is a new card I assume....that you have recently put in.

If so what did you have in there before and was it Agp also?

Does the motherboard have a onboard graphics card?

Have you checked in Bios for any settings for the graphics card?

Sorry for all the Q??

3. Mastad

Mastad Thread Starter

I'm afraid to update bios, presently i can't find a floppy disk in my room to back up the bios incase flashing goes wrong. This is a new agp card that i replaced an old s3inc 3d/2x card, both agp. My mother board is via chipset, i don't think it has on board graphics card. This has to be something with drivers when the enable agp is greyed out in dxdiag the game works but still not to its full potential but when i update to the latest the agp is enabled in dxdiag but bsod appears... thx

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood......

You have the Direct X 9.0c....have you checked on the game site for any patches for that game.

Do you have All windows updates and are you running SP2.

Where are you getting the drivers for your Video card from the CD or web site?

Have you checked to see if there are any update Chipset drivers for your motherboard?

6. Mastad

Mastad Thread Starter

i've updated my via chipset drivers appropriately;

1.uninstalled graphics cards
    2. updated via chipset drivers
    3.installed graphics card

only i haven't done is update bios but i doubt that is the problem. I've downloaded all the patches for the game, why does the game run without agp with the old driver but doesn't run with agp enabled with new driver?

Thanks for the help this is quite common, just by typing in nv4-disp.dll and blue screen in google you'll get people with the same issues in other forums.

I got the drivers from the website, with the cd agp can't be enabled, website drivers agp can be enabled but bsod.

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Was the game on the PC when you changed the Video card....if so you could try uninstalling the game and re-installing.

When I ask if you checked Bios I didn't mean for updates...I meant just to check in Bios settings to see if there was anything about graphics cards AGP..

8. Mastad

Mastad Thread Starter

yes the agp setting are enabled and the memory is set correctly to 64mb.

2morrow i'll have to get a floppy disk and backup my bios then try to update.
    i'm gonna do some tweaking with some drivers thx for your help.

9. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Get one of the Nvidia driver cleaner programs and try some slightly older drivers, not the very latest. Did you check the maker of your vid card's site for drivers there?
    Try another mem stting.

10. Mastad

Mastad Thread Starter

its a direct x 9, i went to another game that was running in direct x 5 mode perfectly then i enabled direct x 9 and bsod and the other game i am trying to play runs in direct x 9. I'm going to try and get direct x 8 see how that works.

11. bonk

bonk Banned

Good luck .....must be a good game.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!