1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need web design help! Dreamweaver...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by winminiac, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. winminiac

winminiac Thread Starter

I am by no means a web guy, but I have to design a website for my wife's busines. I am having problems getting the inner layers like the photos and text boxes with colored backgrounds to stay aligned with the rest of the site when I change browser window size. This is very noticeable in my MAC, but on PC it looks OK unless I change window size

Here is the site: www.scccatering.com

Any help would be great.

-WB

2. DarkCrystal

DarkCrystal

I checked it out with 3 different PC browsers, and it seems fine, got no MAC to check it out with though. The only thing i can suggest is to check out your <TABLE> tags and your alignments. A small mishap can make a BIG difference.

3. DarkCrystal

DarkCrystal

I just looked at your Home page source code. It could use a bit of improvement. There is a lot in it that is useless, and is bandwith killer. Also makes it difficult to manage and maintain your site. My suggestion would be to do some refrencing to HTML coding. Do some google searches, buy an HTML book (you can get em cheap enough). For beginner HTML coders, I recommend Faster Smarter HTML & XML. Its only $19.99 and its got HTML, DHTML (for an interactive site), and the new XML.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/359829