need windows 8 icon on desktop .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Triple6

Rob
Windows 8 is an operating system not a program so you can't create an icon for it. What exactly are you trying to do?

Fran Tick

I already have icons on my desktop such as, emai,google, I sure would use one for Tech support guy.:eek:l

Fran Tick

I''m new at wind.8 so please be patient. I now have on my desktop icons for my email accounts so I guessed ii could have one for tech support guy. I twould be very convenient as I sure need help.:eek:

TerryNet

Terry
I think that you are indicating that you want a shortcut icon to forums.techguy.org. If so, when you are on the page that you want just drag the favicon to the desktop. See attachment.

Attachments

Triple6

Rob
Fran Tick, TerryNet has suggested the most likely solution to your question.

Fran Tick

Terrynet,
Thank you for staying with me on this.
I cannot find favicon
attached thumbnail no help
can you give me another way to find the favicon?
sure seems like it would solve my problem.

TerryNet

Terry
What browser are you using? If it's the desktop version of IE10 I'll take a look the next time I boot to Windows 8. If it's the Modern UI APP version of IE10 I have no clue, as I have never encountered that version.

Triple6

Rob
For Internet Explorer you do it the same way, click on the image the immediate left of the address and drag it to your desktop. Or make the site a Favorite(Bookmark) then go to Favorites and click, hold, and drag the website to the desktop.

Fran Tick,

If your using the desktop version, right click on the page for "Tech Support Guy Forums" and select "Create shortcut" followed by "Yes".

Otherwise, if you are using the Modern UI version of "Internet Explorer 10" right click on the page for "Tech Support Guy Forums" and select the "Page tools" icon (wrench inside circle), then select "View on desktop", once your desktop version of "Internet Explorer 10" has launched, please follow the steps provided above.

Fran Tick

Triple6,

I now have an icon (short cut) to windows8- Tech support guy forums :).
but, I don't know how to fully express my thanks to you and the others that answered with help to my problem.

Here is one big......
THANK YOU :):):):):)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online