need windows 98 start up disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bettyr

does anyone know where i can get a window 98 cd,my child is sick and she loves this old computer she has, but over the time we have wore it out redoing the set up far her,if anyone knows where i can get one reasoable please let me know,she is so sad without it,my computer is new and im afraid to let her on it because were always haveing to find the things she likes ,games, thank you

It may be possible to get it going without a CD. Give make/model, any problems encountered before it quit.

bettyr

its a old computer a 2000 i think compach desk pro ,can,t find none of the files far any of the games are most anything else on it.not much is working right

bettyr, was this pc used on the internet? If so, did you have a firewall and anti-virus program running and updated? Is it still internet capable?

bettyr

it used to be on internet but since she been so bad i had to take it off been off far about 2 years now,it was playing good untill yesterday,its like evrtything is gone,it says all the short cuts are missing,and when i put a new game that hasn,t been played on it it just sets there.

DoubleHelix

Banned
The title of this thread is a bit misleading. It sounds like you want a Windows 98 installation disk. A boot disk will just boot your computer to DOS. Boot disks don't install operating systems. They boot up the computer in a way that allows you to install an operating system from a CD.

If you're looking for a Windows 98 installation disk, you might want to have the moderators change the title of the thread. You can buy a Windows 98SE installation CD here for $43.

http://www.salesintl.com/product.asp?0=218&1=235&3=12

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online