1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Needed: registry editor for roaming profiles (ntuser.dat)...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by computer-aces, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computer-aces

computer-aces Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that can edit registry settings for a roaming profile - ntuser.dat. I don't want to use regedit or regedt32. I need to edit some registry settings that are not on the PC I'm currently using. I've searched on google and couldn't find what I needed. I'm sure there's a simple program where I can go, file - open - and open up a .dat file and edit it and save it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cory

2. rawmeat

rawmeat

Have you tried the profile editor? It may be in the resource kit. If not, then it is standard on NT server.

3. computer-aces

computer-aces Thread Starter

It's in the resource kit. Let me install that and see what I can find...

Thanks!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cory

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!