1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Needed security software for brand new computer

Discussion in 'General Security' started by motorboat09, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bass182

Bass182

CCleaner hosing the registry? I've used this program on hundreds of computers and have never had a problem with it's registry cleaner. :confused:

2. deazy86

deazy86

I would recommend Norton every time for anti-virus. For anti-spyware use Lavasofts and for Ad-Aware SE Personal which is available as a free download from the Google homepage.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

And some of my best fixes for slow drudging pc's is Norton software removal alone. Adaware is almost useless in todays crusade against malware. Such a pity it was one of the first products and was an excellent choice 5 years ago, but just fell way behind like Spybot did.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

I stopped at 4 pc's after the second 2 never booted again...not worth the effort. What are you cleaning anyway? The average pc I repair has a 250 gb hard drive in which 14 gb might be used. And I should clean the drives? Why?

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I'll have to agree with Rich-M on that one.

6. Snake2135

Snake2135

Interesting... I've actually used SpyBot for about three years now, and it seems up to date. I recommend it to almost anyone who has security issues. I've saved numerous computers from a full reformat because S&D was able to find the culprit when nothing else would... That's just my experience though.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/856540