1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Needed?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joe_joe133, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe_joe133

joe_joe133 Thread Starter

Ok at the startup there is programs that load and waste my mem what ones can I lose and be ok(how)?

Attached Files:

2. SemmySweet

SemmySweet

joe_joe133,
    A better list would be the programs listed in your sys tray (by your clock). You can always try and run msconfig. Click start, then run then type in msconfig and click ok.
    Not all Windows OS's have msconfig, but most do. Select the start up tab, and uncheck any programs you know you don't need. Be sure not to uncheck load power profile, and any programs you can not decipher. I hope this helps speed you up.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!