1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Neeed a video controller for my Dell optiplex gx280 w/Windows 7 32-bit.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Merrie69, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Merrie69

Merrie69 Thread Starter

When I installed Windows 7 on my old Dell Optiplex gx280 over a year ago, the video controller for it had no issues at all. Now that I had to re-install Windows on it my video controller in Device Manager has an exclamation on it and it does not work correctly. I have vision problems and before I was able to set things the way that was best for my eyesight. Now I do not have that ability and my searches find nothing that helps online. Since it worked before I would think that it should work again, at least for another month and a half to where I can afford to get a new desktop. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. knucklehead

knucklehead

3. Merrie69

Merrie69 Thread Starter

I have gone to the Dell site and the stuff they have only goes up to Windows XP. Thank you for your suggestion, but I do not have that information anymore and this old computer was bought from the college that I am now attending. Every video driver that I have found will not seem to work and I had to restore my machine to before I installed one of them because when Windows went to load, the video went black.

4. DerekC

DerekC

5. Merrie69

Merrie69 Thread Starter

I tried to install what you gave me, but I don't think that ATI is what my display adapter is. It did not work and the folder where it should have installed the stuff was empty. Thank you for your help though. Dell is extremely irritating. I think that it might be NVIDIA, but can't remember for sure and opening up the clam shell case is quite a pain. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059867