1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NEOVO F-419 LCD Monitor Screen Flicker

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gary R, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Odd problem with monitor; When using Microsoft Works and a few other programs, I get thin dark greyish horizontal lines across screen that go up and down the screen at probably--but just guessing here--the screeen refresh rate.

Annoying, and am wondering what's causing it -- any ideas? Had monitor since January 2006, problem started about a month ago.

Here's NVIDIA settings I'm using:

GeForce MX100/200 EGA/VGA card (32 Mb)
    DirectX 9

Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
    Screen Refresh: 60Hz (Have tried other values available -- 70, 72, 75 Hz -- still get the lines)
    Color Quality: 32-bit (Also get lines with 16-bit)
    Image setting: Performance (Get lines with High Performance, & Quality Settings)
    Antialiasing: Application controlled
    Anioisotropic filtering: Application controlled

Digital Vibrance: Off

NVIDA Desktop Manager Version 61.76; Driver Versions: 4.14.10.6176)
    =========================
    Had theory I might be pushing the Video card too much & need to drop resolution down to say, 1024x768 or less.

Theory #2: Could it be electrical interference causing it? Haven't moved anything on the desk though....

2. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

Well, if it only happens while you're using certain applications then it's most likely a software / driver issue.
    Perhaps try some different driver versions?

3. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

The problem seems most noticeable with Microsoft Works, but have noticed it to somewhat lesser extent on Word2000, IE5.5. As Im typing this I can see a slight flicker.

Drivers for Vidcard are about 10 months old; they were installed on this drive after a HD crash in which I lost everything on the Drive except Windows 98SE.

comp.'s BIOS is the original Award BIOS 6.0a it came with.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice