1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero 5.5 error messages

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by colin73, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. colin73

colin73 Thread Starter

Hi all
    I'm trying to record cd tracks to my harddrive with Nero 5.5 and I'm constantly getting an error message which reads- "Error while reading. Possibility of Corrupt disc" or something very similar. This seems to appear regardless of the disc that I'm trying to record, or when and even despite the fact that they can be read fine and will record with realplayer or WMA.
    I've emailed Nero Tech Support a number of times but have yet to receive any reply.
    Has anyone else come across this particular problem? Should I just delete Nero?
    Thanks for your time.
    colin73
    System Information

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Magnell
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

2. Akito

Akito

Hey there. Would you mind getting us the exact error message - the way it appears on the computer? After that we can search for a fix.

3. colin73

colin73 Thread Starter

I apologise for appearing so vague.
    The error message reads- "Error while reading. Possibility of Corrupt Disc"
    And if I'm trying to copy multiple tracks from the same cd, it appears as multiple messages- or should I say- I have to click on close multiple times to cancel the operation.
    I'll be grateful for any suggestions you all may have.
    Colin73

4. Guinny

Guinny

did u get ur problem solved? because im having the exact same problem, can anyone help? im using nero 5.5.10.10 OEM

i was halfway through copying a CD onto my hard drive when i got the message "Error while reading. Possibility of Corrupt disc" popping up for the remaining tracks.
    The disc seems to read and play fine, but now im getting the error message no matter what disc i try to copy. :confused: can anyone help please?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!