1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero 5.5 problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dmcd, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

I am trying to open Nero 5.5 to copy one of my CD's. The software opens OK and the CD light comes on green when you insert the disc and you hear the disc spinning - but it doesn't move beyond that. Eventually, the green CD light turns to orange and it stops trying. It then says Nero is not responding I have tried rebooting. Can any one tell me how I might fix this and what it could be?? thanks!
    Dorothy

2. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

Hi dmcd
    Have you burned a CD with 5.5 before? There are a number of steps you go through before you click to burn. Can you tell us more info on the steps you go through?

3. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

Yes.........I have done this before. What I am doing is opening up nero and then putting a cd into the drive. I then click on the drive in Nero and the light on the drive starts flickering. I am trying to take some tracks off the cd to be put on a blank cd later. The flickering light is green but the contents/tracks of the CD dont show in Nero (which is what usually happens) after a while it just says Nero is not responding. thanks for your help

4. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

When you say you are trying to take some tracks off the CD and save them until later are you trying to copy the Music CD to your hard drive first and then rip the songs you want on a blank CD-R? Or are you trying to rip the songs off the Music CD while the Music CD is still in the other drive and burn them with your CD rom burner?

5. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

6. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

I bought it with my burner.

7. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

dmcd....check out the post above that.

8. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

I am trying to take some tracks off my cd; hold them on nero and then put them onto a blank disc. I only have one cd drive - the blank disc is not in any drive. I have also now tried another cd burning software and the same problem happened with that ie it knows there is a disc in the drive but then it cannot read it. By the way, I have a pioneer dvr-103 dvd-r drive. It seems to me like there must be a fault with my hardware - do you agree? Is there anything I can do - I cannot afford costly bills. Thanks

9. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

Can you make a folder and copy the CD to that folder and then open Nero and pull the files out of that folder and burn them?

10. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

the drive isn't reading the cd at all - it just seems to spin round. I have just tried a dvd film to see if it could read that and it couldn't.

11. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

You need a DVD rom to read and play a DVD. When you put in the Music CD can you hear Music? I am wondering if there is something wrong with your CD rom drive.

12. It Wasn't me

It Wasn't me

Sorry I see you do have a DVD rom.

13. mobo

mobo

Have you tried putting the cd in first before opening Nero and have you tried other cd makes. I had a similar instance with a particular cdrom model that would not read ata all..

14. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

The cd that failed to read I have used in the drive before with no problems. I have also tried to read a dvd in the drive, also what I have watched before and that does not work either.

15. atkerr

atkerr

I don't think you can "take some tracks off the CD" via Nero. Since you call them "tracks", this must be a music CD, am I right?

To take some tracks from a music CD, you need a ripping program that will "rip" audio tracks from the CD onto your HD as wav files or as mp3 files. CDex is the one I use: http://www.cdex.n3.net/

When you've ripped the tracks you want, then open Nero, navigate to the folder where you stored the rips and drag the named tracks (wav or mp3) onto the new compilation. Then burn.

;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/186545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice