1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero 6 data CD timeout error

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GrayGuy, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrayGuy

GrayGuy Thread Starter

I have installed Nero 6 (v6.3.0.0) on my computer running Windows Me.

I can listen to audio CD's, write audio CD's, copy from one data CD to another, and read software data from a CD.

But when I try to write data to a CD, the process starts but then hangs. My hard disk access light stays on all the time and the light on the CD drive flashes. After about 2 mins the Nero log tells me there is a timeout error.

Because the process doesn't go to normal end of job I don't get any log from the program.

The data I want to write are jpg files, but the same thing happens when I try to write a small Word document. I have tried it with and without my anti-virus, but it makes no difference. I tried creating a mixed disk of audio and data. The audio was written OK, but the data hung the system.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Hmm, you may want to try updating the drives firmware, and driver, and try updating the burning software. This may help.

Also, how much hard drive space is taken up? And how much RAM do you have?

Good luck!

3. GrayGuy

GrayGuy Thread Starter

Hi there

I have just bought Nero 6 and was annoyed to find that not only is there a later version than 6.3.0.0 but that it is 25 mb to download. I have sent an email to Nero to ask them to send me the latest version on CD.

I have over 20 Gb of disk space and 512 mb of RAM so I should be OK!

I shall look for updates for my CD-R drive but can't believe that it is the problem if it works OK in every other respect.

Thanks

4. kath100

kath100

I had a similar problem to yours where any disc I put in any drive took an age to read. What I did was to uninstall the INCD program that came with nero.
    The InCD is used for CD-RW monitoring and slows everything down,
    Since I uninstalled it the rest of Nero works OK

5. GrayGuy

GrayGuy Thread Starter

Thanks, but, of the full package, I have only installed Nero 6 and not any of the subsiduary programs.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!