Nero 6 = Grr. "Not enough Space" when there is!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Akito

I'm trying to burn a 695MB ISO to a 700MB disc. Everytime I do this, it yells at me saying threre's not enough space. I've tried 2 discs, and also messed around a bit with the settings. On top of that, I've burned this ISO to this same type of media (verbatim) before!

I'm close to throwing nero out. Their tech support sucks something horrid, I've waited 1 1/2 weeks for a response! I'm also having trouble with nero invision express 2, it burns only the first few minutes of a dvd, then ejects it and says there was an error. This is just getting stupid and I'm getting irritated.

I have had problems like this before and tthe answer lied with the cd's i was using although verbatim are known to be good.

Akito

I'll take a look at that software.. but I'd like to get my nero problem figured out ;0

Here's what I found in the log file, see the bolded part:

CD Image
8:55:08 AM #1 Phase 96 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1843
Buffer underrun error protection activated

8:55:08 AM #2 Text 0 File Reader.cpp, Line 118
Reader running

8:55:08 AM #3 Text 0 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3169
Turn on Disc-at-once/96, using CD-R/RW media

8:55:15 AM #4 Phase 40 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1843
Aborted by user

8:55:15 AM #5 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 230
Last possible write address on media: 359847 (79:59.72)
Last address to be written: 355387 (79:00.37)

8:55:15 AM #6 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 235
Write in overburning mode: FALSE

8:55:15 AM #7 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 1878
Recorder: SONY CD-RW CRX195E1;
CD type reading failed
ATIP Data: ?

8:55:15 AM #8 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 393
>>> Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities: <<<
=========================================

Akito

Forget nero, I've had so many stupid problems with their software. Crashes, errors, I'm so sick of it. Now, nero invision crashes when I'm trying to make a movie. Friggen pisses me off..

Burn4free gave me the impression that it was 'free'. Sounds like false advertising to me. I use Adaptec and it works fine. I have had nothing but trouble with Nero.

Sorry, Charlie! What I saw on the website on my first visit was going to cost $30. When I saw your reply, I went back, and sure enough, right in front of my eyes (that's why I didn't see it to begin with), there it was. So I d/l it. Thanks, and again, my apologies.

Akito

Well, there's specific reasons why I'm using nero, which is why other software wouldn't work :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts