1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nero 6-unable to burn dual layer at 8x?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by RyanC321, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

I have Nero 6 with StartSmart which is rather old, about 9 months. I have tried burning dual layer 8x discs on my new philips SPD24138D MODEL dvd writer which will burn dual layer at 8x. However my old Nero 6 software seems to be limited to burning at 4x for dual layer. My Philips dvd writer came with software. But it is only trialware. So I did not install it.
    Otherwise I don't know of any option to get the full speed from my DVD writer other than getting the Nero 7 which is about $100.00

This site below is supposed to have free DVD authoring software for making movies. I wonder if it will burn at the high 8x speed for dual layer.

http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/dvdauthoring.shtml

2. emmdee

emmdee

Try getting Nero 7? It's probably way better than 6..
    You have to pay i think but it's worth the money.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

Wow Sir,

That's a great deal! thanks!

Ryan

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Watch the requirements on those rebates. The $50 one looks pretty straight-forward, but to get the $20 one, you need proof of ownership of a competitor's product or a previous version of Nero. Such proof includes the title page from the manual of a previous retail version of a qualified purchase. If you downloaded the version you have, it doesn't qualify. OEM or pre-installed versions also can't be used as qualifying products.

A total price of $20 is pretty good, but I thought I should point out that very few people will get this product for free.

6. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

I see, thank you sir. So it is as you say.

But $20 is a pretty good price.

Thank you.

Ryan

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to mention that the $20 was a competitive upgrade. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!