Nero 7 essentials

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

philtivvy

Hi
A while ago I bought a copy of this software mainly to copy DVDs I had made onto my computer where I could edit them and write new DVDs.
The software was working fine for 30 days then it would no longer do what I wanted to. A message stated I would have to buy a plug-in for it to work again.
The problem is that when I followed the links in the software to the Nero site several different plug-ins were offered and I don't know which one I need.
Can anyone tell me the right one to buy?
Incidentally, I bought another copy of the installation CD thinking that I could carry out the task I wished to do within the 30 day period but this new copy immediately came up with the message that the trial period had expired. Obviously something is hanging about inside my computer from the original installation even though I had removed the programme. How can I get rid of this?
regards
phil

DoubleHelix

Banned
You can't get rid of it. It's a time limitation of the software. Trying to get around that is hacking which we aren't allowed to discuss or help with on this site.

Certain DVD related operations require a specific codec (I don't remember which one), and it's a licensed codec that has to be purchased.

philtivvy

Hi DoubleHelix
I was not too concerned about the legacy from the previous install, my main interest is in knowing which plug-in I need.
regards
phil

it's the dvd multi-channel video plugin if you scroll down & select which version of nero essentials you have :D

philtivvy

Hi wtxcowboy
What is the difference between dvd multi-channel video plug in and dvd video plug in?. Each is listed on the Nero web site.
regards
phil

philtivvy

Hi
Just had an e-mail from Nero saying no plug ins are now available for Nero 7.
I suppose that solves my query unless anyone can tell me where else I might find a plug-in.
regards
phil

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.