1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nero 7 has me in limbo!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ringo23, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ringo23

ringo23 Thread Starter

a few days ago,i installed nero7.i didnt like it at all so i decieded to uninstall it and go back to nero6.but nero7 wont uninstall!even in the add/remove section in control panell,theres no option to remove it!whats worse,now i can't even use nero 6 because it says i must remove the newer version first.so im stuck.can anyone tell me please how i can solve this situation,because as it is now i cant even burn anything.thanks in advance.and i cant just use nero7 because it says some files are missing and that i need to reinstall,but as i stated earlier,i cannot uninstall it

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm not sure how you managed to install Nero 7 and not have the uninstall option, since that's never been a problem for me.

Have you tried re-installing Nero 7, since it appears you currently have a corrupt copy? After the re-install, you should then be able to uninstall it if you still don't like it.

3. stantley

stantley

4. ringo23

ringo23 Thread Starter

i tried as you advised installing nero7 again,but it didnt work,said it couldnt install this version until the other nero 7 was uninstalled.but as i said,it wont install!so i dont know what to do,are there any good freeware burners that can encode and make svcd discs?i have cdburnerxp,it says you can make it svcd's with it,but ive never figured it out.thanks for the reply,if anyone can still help me ill appreciate it!thanks

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!