1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero Back-It-Up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jolij, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolij

jolij Thread Starter

Aug 8, 2004
    Hello all, does anyone know anything about the Nero backup program called "Nero Back-It-Up"? As I have it installed on my computer I was considering using it. What is it like?
    Is it reliable? Is is easy it use? Is it easy to restore? I wish to use it on an extrernal hard drive.
    John :mad:
  2. stantley

May 22, 2005
    1. No
    2. Nope
    3. No way

Nero makes good burning software, but that's about it.

Two good freeware backup utilities are SyncBack and Cobian Backup.

Another method of backing up is to make a complete image of your C: drive and store it on the external drive. If you have a hardware failure, replace the drive, restore the image and you're up and running quickly. The software to get for that is Acronis True Image, which costs around $40, but you can sometimes get it cheaper on sale.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/608603