1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nero burning but not burning ????

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bopdude, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bopdude

bopdude Thread Starter

Hi to all,
    Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Could the Nero configuration be set to simulate and not burn?

3. bopdude

bopdude Thread Starter

Hi johnwill,
    Where would I check that, I've been through all the options I can see. I've even un-installed and re-installed nero, but still the same thing, it looks and acts as if its burning, i.e. the progress bar moves along as it should but still reads the same.

Any more ideas would be very welcome.

TIA

ps sorry for the late return, working like a dog....lol

4. bopdude

bopdude Thread Starter

Hi again,
    just one quick update, I changed the hd to NTFS format while keeping my other drive ( with the audio tracks on it ) as FAT 32, could this be the problem, if so is there a way round it ?

TIA

I am gonna post this ntfs \ fat 32 as a seperate question, if the moderators see this and i'm wrong in doing so please close the new question, thanks

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I can't imagine why the conversion to NTFS would cause an issue, but I don't recall ever doing it and finding out. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/128190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice