Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Burning Rom 5.5.10.42

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  pyritechips 
#1 ·
Nero update available here :

http://www.nero.com/en/

Can also be used as a Demo by those who have yet to purchase it.

#2 ·
Hello RSM:

I still don't understand how I got a higher number update a months ago. I have: 5.5.10.7b :confused:

#3 ·
What makes you think that 5.5.10.7b is a higher number than 5.5.10.42? The b appears to be a beta, I suspect you have 5.5.10.7 in reality.

#4 ·
What makes you think that 5.5.10.7b is a higher number than 5.5.10.42?
The way I understand it, higher numbers denote newer version 7(0) is higher than 42.

To the best of my knowledge the b does not denote "beta" but "bug". My version was apparently released in Feb of this year.

#6 ·
No flames intended RSM, on my pert anyway, and I appreciate your posting. I am merely trying to illustrate a mystery I came across concerning version numbers.

But I must add one thing: Upgrades should never be done automatically. If software is performing without error then upgrading is not only superfluous but potentially counterproductive. I have senn several "improvements" that merely caused more problems than they supposedly fixed. I only upgraded my Nero because I had a IDE read problem (taking more than a minute to read the drives).

#7 ·
Well, since I've been using Nero for a long time, I do know what the version numbers look like. FWIW, I had an old CD with 5.5.10.7 on it installed on my W98 system, and when I run the upgrade for 5.5.10.42 against that system, it upgraded it to 5.5.10.42. That would seem to indicate to me that it's a newer version. :) After all, the previous series was 5.5.9.xx, using your thinking, it would be later than 5.5.10.xx.

I'm not sure where the "flame war" comment came from, did you think I was giving you a hard time?

#9 ·
johnwill:

The confusion arises (on my part anyway) because of numbering conventions. It all comes down to place holders. For example, I am used to using "07" to indicate 7.

I too started out with the Nero 5.5.9.xx copy (purchased with my burner in March, 2002).

Unless the newest release mentioned in the initial post in this thread has added feature or improvements I am not interested, thank you. For example, the v5.5.10.7b version I installed to fix my problem included the "Nero Express" which was not included on my original CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.