Nero Burning Rom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iworld

I have a movie on my computer which I downloaded Legaly off a website which I pay for. And it's legal so no worries. I pay and all. OK, so I want to put this movie on a CD-R so I can watch this movie on my computer. No when I drag the movie Icon into nero, it goes from 4gb to 1gb. The video works, but there is no audio. What is the problem? How can I get the audio working? I would also like to state that the audio doesnt work in WMP. I have another media player called VLC where the audio works. Is it a codec issue? Which codec do I download?

Oh, and I get this popup once I put the movie into nero: http://www.jworks.net/iworld/nero.PNG

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, I don't think you can put a movie that size on a CD-R...? What does Nero do, make a set of VCD's?

Sound: Probably the other media player is set to be the default player, it happens all the time.

How to fix that? Wish I knew, exactly, but someone here should.
What program do you want to be the default player? Nero has one built in... for all I know, you may have to use it as the default when putting movies with sound onto disks....?

Byteman: Nero resizes the movie to fit onto the size of the media (If you download a movie off P2P sites, usually they come in 700mb size and the quality is quite acceptable).

Basically, the problem is in the audio. The movie's audio is probably AC3, which is a format heavily copyrighted, and thus Nero is saying that unless you pay for the Plugin, you can't decode it (and hence, you can't view burn it to CD). You may want to check out other CD creation techniques that allow you to decode AC3 audio (perhaps convert the AC3 audio into MP3 and add it back to the movie using a combination of Audacity & VirtualDub, both are free).

iworld

kk thnx. I found a great download on download.com; oh, and yes, its only 700mb with very good quality. it's in like 4 cd's though...

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Might I ask which website this was downloaded from?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online