Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Burning

787 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ~Candy~ 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my LITE-ON LXR 40243 External CD burner, which uses Nero Burning software running on Windows 98SE. Nero Burning records the image and then says burning has successfully completed. But it hasn’t, the burner never starts up. When the device is plugged in the InCD and USB icon comes up okay. I know the system will work as I have had professional tech guys install it and get it running okay. The problem I have is when I reinstall soft ware I can’t get it going. When I quiz the pros about it, they say all I need to do is install the Windows 98 USB driver form the Nero Burning CD. I done this and it doesn’t work for me. Any ideas???

#3 ·
Lite-On and USB don't go too well together. I doubt it's your driver that's the problem. Most likely it's a media problem. Lite-On's will not read all media and even if they read the media they might not burn it. I have a similar problem with a Lite-On external CD burner and upgrading your firmware might help but not necessarily. One thing you might try if you're puter savvy is to open the external case and remove the drive and install it as an internal. It's easy to do since the burner is plugged in as usual but inside the case. All you have to do is unplug the 3 cables and install in your machine. Make sure the drive is set as a master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.