Nero CD Burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Selwyn

Hi, you Guys! Me again!!
(I'm not sure I'm in the right forum - but here goes!).
About two years ago I successfully did a burn of all material on my hard disk that I wanted to save and "back up". 8 months ago I did it again - and again it was successful - I.E. all the files and documents appeared on screen with their usual "tree" appearance and format and I was able to upload them and reconstitute my new disk. Three days ago, I did it for a third time using (for the first time) Nero. In creating the files for burning, I did the usual drag/drop and everything again appeared normal, so I went ahead. Now I have tried to reconstitute them on XP and the file appears as some number with the suffix .DAT and I can't seem to open it using any method that occurs to my pitifully inadequate knowledge. I am fairly confident that the material is "safe" because the size of the file is the same as the total I burnt - 650 MG - its simply not accessible in its present format.

Can anyone out there come up with an answer of suggestion?:confused:

Selwyn

Thank you Jennifer!

Basically I followed the default procedure: I dragged the files I wanted via "browse" over to the left-hand window, and continued to do so until I had accumulated all the folders containing the files I wanted to save. Then I did a simulate and as far as I could tell it was OK (I didn't have any indication to the opposite, anyway) so I went ahead and did the burn. That's about all there is to it.................................Sorry I can't be more technically "up among the leaders"

Selwyn

Hi, David many thanks for your interest.

No - I was on Me at the time. The thought also occurred to me that the one wasn't rcognizing formats from the other; since then we've tried the CD on a machine using Me - no luck! (I once had a similar phenomenon between OE 5 and OE 6 for exactly that reason!
Selwyn.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts