1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero CD from different CDR drive

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Gram123, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gram123

Gram123 Thread Starter

We have a Nero CD (vers. 5.5.3.2) for an old LG CDR drive, and it will not work with my new Samsung CDR drive.
    Is there any way I can update the software to bypass this, or do I have to buy new CDR software?

Gram

2. brianF

brianF

3. Gram123

Gram123 Thread Starter

Sorry, I think I got that the wrong way round.

My CDR drive is: LG CD-RW CED8080B

Gram

4. brianF

brianF

nero says it is supported with version 5 or above. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling nero. I looked, no firmware updates for your drive at goldstar.

5. Gram123

Gram123 Thread Starter

The CD says "Ahead Software".

When I installed it on my PC with the new CDR drive, and tried to run it, it said something along the lines of "this CD will not work with this drive".
    Could there be some sort of header file that checks to make sure that you only run the CD with the drive it came with?

I also installed the 5.5.6.4 update from www.nero.com, but this made no difference.
    Alternatively, could it be that my CDR drive needs updated drivers?

Thanks
    Gram

6. Gram123

Gram123 Thread Starter

Brian - You're right, my CDR is supported by Nero, it just seems to be that this particular CD doesn't like my machine.

Problem is that my LG CDR came with Adaptec EZ CD Creator 4, which is redundant now that I've installed Windows XP.

Gram

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!