1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero Help needed for the love of god!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by clivebuckwheat, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clivebuckwheat

clivebuckwheat Thread Starter

I downloaded the trial version of Nero 7.7.5.1 to try with Windows Vista Business, and I can't get Nero to Install. It extracts all the files to the temp folder, and I get the please wait while nero 7 configures itself with the status bar, and then the dialog box just disappears.

2. techy689

techy689

It may not be made for Vista...

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. Flrman1

Flrman1

You need this version to run Nero on Vista:

http://www.nero.com//enu/Upgrade_InfoPage.php

When installing software on Vista, for the most part, you need to be looking for the "Certified for Windows Vista" or the "Works with Windows Vista" logos. Products with the "Certified for Windows Vista" logo are going to take full advantage of all that the premium versions of Vista offer. Products carrying the "Works with Windows Vista" logo will run, but at the basic level. That simply means that they will not take full advantage of the extra functionality built into Vista.

I'd say that for the average pc user, the integrated CD/DVD burning capability that is built into Vista will suffice.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I had some problems with nero and vista also. I think the problem was nero scout, however I now use deepburner pro for burning. Note this is also available in a free version as well.

6. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest

Try again, but uninstall all previous traces. I am running the program(7.7.5.1.) in Vista. Right click the install (exe) file and select properties. Then run in compatible mode for XP (SP2 or other)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!