Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero is burning me up....

843 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sy2 
#1 ·
I'm running a home-built PC with an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ CPU, 1.66 Ghz, 1Gb RAM, 140Gb HD space, Win XP Home, SP2.

A few weeks ago, in the process of installing a DVD drive, I loaded the comp copy of Nero to try it out. I decided that I didn't want it and went through the standard uninstall process in Control Panel. I continued to get apparent attempts by Windows Install to install Nero - Burn except it also said it couldn't find the files, so it kept throwing error messages on the screen until I finally had to use Task Manager to kill the applications.

After a few of these events, I did a search of my entire PC, for anything that contained the character string "nero" or "ahead" (the Nero company) and I deleted everything I could find. The Nero installation attempts continued.

I did a "regedit", searched for "nero" and "ahead" and deleted all references to Nero and Ahead from the register. I continued to get the Nero installation attempts.

I bought PC Rescue and Error Nuker and ran them both. It found what appeared to be the error(s) that were causing the problem and it "fixed" them. I thought I had finally beat it. I rebooted as requested and sure enough, Nero tried to install again.

According to the error messages and Task Manager, the offending applications include nero.exe, migrate.dll, webscan.exe, and numerous msiexe.exe's. Any suggestions (or better yet - a real fix) would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

HELP!!!! Please. :(

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.