1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero Problem! Any Help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by robaldo, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

been using nero v5.5.7.1 for about 6month and never had a problem with it. about 3 days ago, i click the icon to open nero and my computer goes to the blue error screen. after i get past the i get the message:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
    NERO caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff88396
    Register:
    etc.......

I uninstalled nero and the installed it again and still the same problem. nero cover design is fine but the other ahead nero programs dont work.

I also tried an older version of nero but still the same problem.

what is the problem if any1 can help me

cheers rob

(the message i get is attached)

Attached Files:

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Hi and welcome.

What os are u? If u'r 98+ I'd suggest running scandisk (not thoro unless u'r getting other probs too) with auto fix unchecked to see what's up, in safemode. Then run sfc; run/type in sfc, and replace any files u want changing.

3. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

ive dont the scan disk thing and it didnt find anything. i went into safe mode but im just gonna restart my computer & wipe everything out so thanks for the help every1
    :D

4. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

""Then run sfc; run/type in sfc, and replace any files u want changing.""

what the hell does all this mean??

5. slipe

slipe

Get the latest firmware for your burner.

Download the little ASPI Check program and check your ASPI. It can cause strange problems in Nero if it is bad. http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm

The suggestion was to go Start>Run, type sfc and enter. Have it scan for altered files and you can use it to extract any you aren’t sure of (from either scandisk or SFC) from the Windows CD. The suggestion was also to make sure you don’t have scandisk fix anything automatically. SFC will put stuff where it belongs.

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice