1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nero problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jakewade, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakewade

jakewade Thread Starter

hey folks,

using nero 5.5.2.8 with a yamaha cdrw 20/10/40 ---

if your familiar with this burn program, it's uses a pretty simple drag and drop system...choose from the right window of choice and drag and drop to the left or new compilation window. it also has a "wizard" helper that simplifies the process even more so.

my problem- if i am selecting a single song for a new compilation from a cd in d drive nero doesn't seem to able to identify specific track information for that single track at this time. all the tracks have a generic tag - track 1, track 2, etc. . if you are copying an entire disc through the wizard it checks out cddb and finds the album/track info. i need this function when it first reads the disc so that i can choose single songs.

the help section is incredibly complex and i cannot locate how to get individual track info so i wonder if there one of you out there that knows if there is an adjustment i can make and how?

sure would appreciate it

2. Saint Anger

Saint Anger

Works here. Here is how I do it. ( version 5.5.9.13 )

Open Nero Burning Rom.

Start a new Audio CD.

In the File Browser on the right, navigate to the music cd you want to copy from.

From the list of tracks in the bottom pane of the File Browser ( Track 1, Track 2, etc.) you select a track, right-click on it, and choose "Copy to compilation"

The "Adding files" window should pop up.
    If it's a new CD that isn't stored in your local database, another window will pop-up that has options for either entering the track info manually, or checking the cddb online. If you have the database info set up correctly in nero's preferences, it shouldn't have trouble fetching the album info. If it finds the album info, it will be dispayed, and you then select the album name and click the button to use that.

After it finishes analyzing the track, you should see the song listed (with it's proper name) in the compilation window on the left.

Once you've done this for 1 track on a cd, the rest of the songs should already be recognized and you won't have to go thru the whole database procedure again.

The files in the File Browser remain named Track 1, Track 2, etc., ~ only the files added to the Compilation window (default name = Audio1) will be relabled with the cddb info.

- If it doesn't pop up with the window that asks you for track name or database info, it might be because there's a checkbox on it that says something like "Check here if you don't want to see this window anymore" ... dunno yet where to change that setting.

lemme know if this is helping?

Found link to Nero instructions:
    ftp://ftp6.nero.com/Support_doc/PDFAudio/CDSource.PDF
    http://www.nero.com/us/631933327150036.html

But personaly, tho' I do like Nero for other burning tasks, I prefer to use other software for music backup / mp3 ripping / burning music cd's. Like http://www.cdex.n3.net/ ... and use the Lame MP3 codec when converting (y)

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you considered the free upgrade to 5.5.10.54, I've been using it for some time now and it's been just fine. Nero Previous Version Upgrades has all of the upgrades for versions of Nero prior to 6.x.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/190304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice