1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nero software...how do i get my other recorder back?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jgrace, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jgrace

jgrace Thread Starter

hi-any help would be appreciated. i have windows xp have been using nero software (5.0 i think, it came with the burner)and a 40x12x48 burner to compile audio cds with no problem. (writes perfectly and then saves the compilations in my music as .nra files.)

the other day i wastrying to burn a bunch of photos and the wizard said i needed to set it up as an image or video cd. somehow after trying to do that i now have only one recorder available. it is an image recorder and it won't burn my audio files like before. when i try to write the audio files it tells me i have to save the compilation in my documents with a .nrg. how do i get it back to the way it was?

i tried the nero homepage for help but it is in german. :(

please please help?

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Give This a try.
    Open Nero, at the top select Recorder, and then select Choose Recorder.

Beyond that I'm afraid I'm not much help.

John

3. jgrace

jgrace Thread Starter

thanks for your suggestion but i did do that already, and unfortunately there is only one recorder listed (the image recorder.)

4. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

are you using the wizard?????if not when you first open up doesnt a box come up with different choices you can make as far as what type of cd you want to make??

5. jgrace

jgrace Thread Starter

hi-
    yes, and i go through it all as usual, choosing "compile a cd", then "audio cd" etc all goes well until it gets to the burning phase. then it tries to save it as an image file etc....

maybe i jusy have to re-install the software?

6. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

yep you might give that a try

7. stu37

stu37

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice