1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero software unable to format CD-RW disk

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kaufam7, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaufam7

kaufam7 Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Norcent 48x12x48 IDE CR-RW Drive that came with Nero Burning ROM software v5.5.8.2 which also includes In-CD for simply copying to a disk. I purchased brand new Verbatim CD-RW disks to copy and backup files from my hard drive, but the Nero software gives me a message that a supported media disk is not inserted. I am unable to format the disks, copy to the disks, or burn anything to the disks. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with either the disks or the CD-RW drive? Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

2. flixx

flixx

To kaufam7:
    First question that comes to my mind is if you put a Cd that already
    contains data on it, can you read it. And if you open explorer up does
    the cdrom show as a valid drive. if you have a valid drive and you can
    read data, then i would suggest taking the cdrom back and having it
    checked out. Also this is a old trick but try shutting your computer off
    then back on, then reboot again and and third time. Why only the
    murph knows but sometimes it works.
    FYI; If you haven't done it you may want to upgrade the software.
    Hope this helps. Flixx

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

What operating system are you useing? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nero software?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. gizmolabob

gizmolabob

If nothing else works, try uninstalling Nero and reinstall. I was having the same problem and this worked for me. Good luck.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you explain the steps you are following?

Nero and InCD are 2 separate and mutually exclusive programs that just happen to be in the same package. Once you have formatted a CD with InCD, it is no longer usable by Nero. Nero uses a completely different file system from the one used by InCD. Nero uses ISO, the standard format used by most machines and the one that can be read by other computers without special UDF file readers being installed. InCD uses the UDF file system, requires special software to read its CD's, and requires formatted disks that hold much less than the ISO CD's.

If you can explain what exactly are the steps you are following, we may see some simple thing that needs to be done differently.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice