Nero software unable to format CD-RW disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kaufam7

I recently purchased a Norcent 48x12x48 IDE CR-RW Drive that came with Nero Burning ROM software v5.5.8.2 which also includes In-CD for simply copying to a disk. I purchased brand new Verbatim CD-RW disks to copy and backup files from my hard drive, but the Nero software gives me a message that a supported media disk is not inserted. I am unable to format the disks, copy to the disks, or burn anything to the disks. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with either the disks or the CD-RW drive? Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

To kaufam7:
First question that comes to my mind is if you put a Cd that already
contains data on it, can you read it. And if you open explorer up does
the cdrom show as a valid drive. if you have a valid drive and you can
read data, then i would suggest taking the cdrom back and having it
checked out. Also this is a old trick but try shutting your computer off
then back on, then reboot again and and third time. Why only the
murph knows but sometimes it works.
FYI; If you haven't done it you may want to upgrade the software.
Hope this helps. Flixx

What operating system are you useing? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nero software?

If nothing else works, try uninstalling Nero and reinstall. I was having the same problem and this worked for me. Good luck.

Can you explain the steps you are following?

Nero and InCD are 2 separate and mutually exclusive programs that just happen to be in the same package. Once you have formatted a CD with InCD, it is no longer usable by Nero. Nero uses a completely different file system from the one used by InCD. Nero uses ISO, the standard format used by most machines and the one that can be read by other computers without special UDF file readers being installed. InCD uses the UDF file system, requires special software to read its CD's, and requires formatted disks that hold much less than the ISO CD's.

If you can explain what exactly are the steps you are following, we may see some simple thing that needs to be done differently.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online