1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero Vision - When DVD is burned, some scenes do not synch with the audio

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by james4eva, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. james4eva

james4eva Thread Starter

I don't know if this is a common problem/error or somehow it just pertains to me!

I have converted an AVI file to DVD using Winavi but when I burn to a DVD disc using Nero Vision, some of the scenes video does not match the audio. In fact the audio is from a totally different scene.

If I burn the DVD in 'basic Nero Burning ROM' mode, by adding files to a 'compilation', the DVD burns perfectly but obviously without a menu or chapters.

I would love to use Nero Vision to enable me to add titles and chapters, so why is this happening?

Thanks.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

Try burning it at as lower speed and see.

3. james4eva

james4eva Thread Starter

I'll give that a try!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This is typically a encoding error, I don't think the slower speed will do the trick. This was a big issue in early versions of the TiVo ripping program that I used to use, getting the audio sync right is tricky in some cases. :)

5. james4eva

james4eva Thread Starter

That certainly looks true John. I've just had another try using NV and burning at the slowest speed. This time the audio/video synch was miles out, all of the way through!

Why does it burn ok from the 'basic' Nero Burning ROM, but goes 'belly up' whan using NV ??

I really want to use Nero Vision as the animated menu and chapters edit is brilliant!

I'm pulling my hair out now!

Thanks for any help :)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Different CODEC's would be my guess. With NV the video is being "processed", and obviously they're not doing it well. :)

7. james4eva

james4eva Thread Starter

You should have expected the next question John !! :)

What CODEC and where from? Or is it a matter of trial and error!

Thanks

8. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

In NV you can try it 2 ways. with 'Smart Encoding' enabled and then try it with it disabled.

Do note that WinAVI is not held in very high regard. ConvertXtoDVD is superior.

Another option is to load it into DVDShrink and see if it accepts it (a good test for structure). If it does go into Shrink's preferences and tell it not to split the files. Save then as files, you'll end up with one large VOB. See if that one works better.

9. james4eva

james4eva Thread Starter

Okay Mystic, thanks for that, I'll give it a go in between work and get back to you!

Cheers :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!